.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Let flight begin!

Let us leap into the air and soar among the clouds, rising on eagle's wings and bearing a lion's grandeur. May the wind, in its wildness, carry us away on a journey through things as old as Time.

I just finished my internship with Amazon.com, and am now in a relaxing interim placed between work and college. I suppose that I am more likely to post now than at any other time, though relaxing hardly seems like a good way to inspire posts. I'm thinking of making posts about adventures of the kind worth sharing, and about any thoughts that I think other people might like to see. My greatest hope for this blog is that it will help me in that challenging endeavor of keeping in touch with my many friends, who are scattered to the four winds. With that in mind, I am hoping that people will leave comments or email me about my posts.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian,

Glad to see you joined the blogsphere ... I hope you use this to keep in touch ... I have added your rss feed to my rss reader. Glad to hear Amazon was awesome.

My blog is at: welikesheep.org

Nate

August 18, 2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Hooray! Welcome to the blogosphere! (That second 'o' is optional.) Glad you joined us!

August 18, 2005 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to communicate with you, while you *ahem* relax.(You're actually in the next room catching a multitude of Zs. ;-) That's fair enough. I was way off in Z-land when you wrote your thing. I guess even though we're in the same house, we're still in different time zones.

BTW - I really like your opening "flight of fantasy" post...keep it up!

August 19, 2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

I did actually set an alarm for a reasonable time this morning. No idea what happened to it. :-\

August 19, 2005 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, this is my first actual blog post ever. Whoa. I feel so much pressure to say something meaningful... deep.. articulate... heartfelt... wise. So I leave you with this (ahem): One time as a kid I was on a wisdom kick - trying to find wise things to say and memorizing proverbs that sounded all mystical and self-important and stuff. So I approached my dad and said, "Dad, tell me some WORDS OF WISDOM". And he looked at me for a second and said before he walked away, "Never look down the barrel of a loaded missile silo". And to this day, I have not. That's all. Thank you.

Glad you are back from Seattle, bro. I'm looking foward to seeing you and catching up!

August 19, 2005 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Ahem* Well, I c u were up today...at 2 am or so, lol. Whatever, I've done worse, this week even.
I'm eating mashed potatoes right now getting rdy to MMORPG or wrtie, or whatever. Keep up the updates (I should prolly do the same)

God Bless,
MAsterTS

August 19, 2005 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't see an easy button to do it... How does one add this blog to one's rss feeds?

August 19, 2005 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent! Good first few posts ... I was under (literally) the state of Indiana for most of this weekend, but now that I'm back above ground and in Michigan, and you're back from the distant coast, I look forward to catching up with you.

August 22, 2005 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home