.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Dress Your Children Properly

I don't know if this is true, but I think it's quite funny:

"Britain's George V, for example, thought the only suitable children's attire were sailor suits and kilts."

http://histclo.hispeed.com/royal/royalindex.html

2 Comments:

Blogger car said...

Oh for the good old days again! Great blog!

September 10, 2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

But of course. By the early 20th Century, Britain's seafaring tradition and the fact that George V himself had served as a naval officer made the Royal Navy the foremost of the services. Britons were proud of their navy and dressed their kids accordingly. The fashion hit the US, after a fashion, and that's where we get the attire of Donald Duck.

September 21, 2005 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home