.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Blog Game

"We human beings can be identified in many ways."
Computer Networking, Kurose & Ross


1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions. If you do not have a journal, post a comment here.

5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.


All that said, I actually chose the fifth sentence including the one that started on the previous page. I thought it was a bit more fun in isolation than the fifth complete sentence:

"For example, we can be identified by the names that appear on our birth certificates."
Computer Networking, Kurose & Ross

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My result:

"An officer, hard-faced and lean, looked at me as though I was trespassing and barely nodded when I said bonjour."

January 13, 2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

Sounds like an interesting story. Where in France is our character going that is so like trespassing, and yet not? Or is it in Canada? No, "hard-faced and lean" officers seem like they belong more in France proper to me. Wouldn't you agree?

I am curious who posted this, though.

January 15, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

There is also a responding comment to this game here!

January 15, 2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am the LORD." from a New American Bible, specifically, Leviticus 22:8.

February 02, 2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home