.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Get Games!

All right, so if you have a PC (unlike me), and its fairly modern or well-equipped, you may just be able to play the snazzy games I made in my games class. However, you will almost certainly need to download some DLLs first.

Download Earthdust, which I made with two other people, (see the credits in the game). It is a strategy game in an asteroid belt. Play against another player and command your fleet to victory. There is a practice arena that you can muck around in on your own, but actual play requires two networked computers.

Download PotionWorks, my first project in the games class. It is most simply described as a cross between Tetris and Pipedream. Some tips:
1. Put pipe ends against each other to make them stick. You don't need to build up from the bottom.
2. In general, potion flows like water under only a little pressure, and it is affected by gravity; if it can go straight down, it won't bother to go left or right, and if it can go left or right, it won't bother to go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home