.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

States I've Been In

I tried to include a lot of the states I've driven through, and there's a few cases where I'm really not sure what route we took, but I think I have everything I've actually hung around in for a day or two marked. Perhaps my father will enlighten me about the rest, since he planned most of these trips.



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

Thanks to my father's amazing memory, I have added North Dakota, New Jersey, Nebraska, and finally Missouri, which he just remembered as I thanked him for his comment. My family saw the Laura Ingalls Wilder house in Missouri.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can add North Dakota and New Jersey, both of which you've spent one or two nights in.

Will and Mary Leland live in New Jersey, and I believe we spent two nights with them in 2001.

I will admit much of your 1995 trip through North Dakota was only semi-conscious, because at lunch you ate some mashed potatoes with crypto-milk, and needed a heavy dose of Benadryl to keep you alive but asleep. Oh, well. Hmmm... I think that's also where I pointed out the trees planted on the north and west side of each farm house as a wind-break.

Oh, yes - and Nebraska! (Who could forget it?) At least, I think if was Nebraska on way back from Colorado. I know it was neither South Dakota nor Kansas, and since we drove that pretty much leaves Nebraska.

- Dad 8-)>

December 23, 2005 5:57 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

Thank you! I have added North Dakota, New Jersey, and Nebraska to my map. I remember the evil of the mashed potatos from Denny's well. They took a long time making sure it was safe, and lo and behold, it was not.

Who indeed could forget passing through Nebraska?

December 24, 2005 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home