.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ian gets Civilized

For all those who have only seen me with long hair, I have important news: I've gotten a haircut! This charming new touch of civilization on my otherwise crude form should help my looks at least a little. More importantly, it will keep my hair out of my eyes, my mouth, my food, my beard, and even my touted "sanity."

I had hoped that having long hair would make me look like a Medieval adventurer or someone out of a tale. Mayhap it did, yet it troubled my eyes and mouth so much that in the end I grew it out in the single hope that I could get it long enough to put in a pony tail and keep out of the way. When it grew that long, I tried the pony-tail thing for the entire summer, but I realized that it wasn't all that fun. My hair didn't really look cool to me that way, and every now and then, it would sneak out of its tail to tease me. Now that it's cut, I like how I look, and my hair takes no work at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Goldberry said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are hilarious!!!!! ROTFL... Too bad the hair got in your way. I have similar problems, but I don't mind the way it looks pulled back.

October 14, 2005 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look. It is definitely less barbarous.

October 14, 2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger Nate Custer said...

woah ... Ian the mustasche is too much dude.

October 14, 2005 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. I LIKED the long hair. (yeah, I know the 'rents aren't supposed to come down on the side of the long hair, but hey, have I ever been normal?) But I do understand - that's why mine is almost always clipped back unless it's still to wet to be safe in a clip.
The "barbarous" photo is something else again!!!

October 17, 2005 6:16 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

Credit to my mother for cutting my hair for me despite preferring it long. :-)

October 21, 2005 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the most scruffy, evil looking pic of you ever man! wierd.

October 23, 2005 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home