.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Decided to Post

It's pretty late, but I want to wind down before I actually get ready for bed, and I haven't posted in a while. I have been very busy. I've been working on an arcade game for my Game Design course; turned it in at the end of Tuesday. Some things were done, but some things weren't. I think it's complete, but it wasn't as complete as I wanted it to be. It's called PotionWorks, and maybe I'll post more about it if people are interested.

I've also started reading aloud to my roommate. I set a timer and limit it to 7 minutes a night, because I figure 7 minutes won't have that big an impact, and the reading helps me keep sane.

I'm also in a short scene in Evening of Scenes, put on by the theater group in my dorm, the RC Players. I think it would be safe to say that I'm not type-cast.

Have a good day, friendly reader!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Alright, I have to ask. In what role were you cast? :)

And you could always post a demo of your game and let us play test it...

October 06, 2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

I was in a scene called "Awkward Party", cast as Sloan, a pot-smoking college student who seemed to have rather limited intelligence.
"Sloan, I didn't know you were a literati!"
"A what?"
The party was so awkward that I escaped to the roof for a smoke more than once.

I don't feel like posting my game until I've changed a few things. For example, whenever I've installed it on someone's computer, it has failed to run. I'd like to fix that. Ideally, it should even run on my computer. Also, it doesn't have any credits in it. However, I'd be happy to email links to interested friends.

October 10, 2005 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home