.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Goofiness

A couple months back, I started experimenting with different ways of walking. I think part of the reason originally was the thought that it might exercise different muscles, but I don't really think about that anymore. It's just more fun walking around my dorm if I can do it backwards and sideways. But today, I realized that despite all my time walking backwards and sideways, I hadn't had much practice opening doors when I wasn't facing them. So just now, I decide to take on a new challenge: I would approach my dorm room door backward, place the keycard into the slot behind me, enter my entry code with my back still to the keypad, and then push the handle down and back cheerfully into the room. I didn't really expect it to work the first time; reflecting my keycode so I could enter it backward was almost certain not to work right away, or so I thought. But to my surprise, the door opened when I pushed down the handle, and I backed into the room on the first try.

Running backward is also fun, though it really is necessary to look over your shoulder if you're going to do that. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home