.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Scrollbars are a Good ThingĀ®

This is why Firebug is useful. Because if a website is so bad that you can't read it, you can fix it. In this case, you can add a scrollbar for the list of events, instead of relying on the custom controls the web developer put in.

Of course, Firebug is primarily for making your own website, but there's no news in telling you that.

Disclaimer: This is only helpful if you already know HTML and CSS. If you don't, and you can still make good use of it, please tell me what you did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Curiously enough, I visited that site just to see how bad it was and I didn't have a problem with it at all. . . because I'm using Firefox with the NoScript extension. It just displayed the entire contents of the page until I allowed scripts for that page, at which point it reverted to the seriously annoying behavior that you discovered.

September 28, 2009 9:03 AM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

That's a fair advertisement for NoScript. I don't think I want to wander about turning scripts on, though; they are so useful in the modern internet.

September 28, 2009 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home