.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Amazon now makes movies

Well, the employees do. When they run contests. There's a main page, but honestly, the front movie there is kinda bland. Not as bland as what I might have made, but bland nonetheless. I like this one better; it's very cute. There's also one that you might find kinda funny, at least if you have watched a movie like Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow, but they don't seem to have it posted yet. Maybe they're getting parody rights. *chuckle*

2 Comments:

Blogger Faramir said...

Yep. That's the best. The others are, well, mainly PR. :-P Makes you wonder what kind of bonuses and perks the others get.
For my money, the second best is "Why my Mom likes Amazon.com". Yeah, I know it's exploiting a little kid, but the kid obviously enjoyed it *big time*, so what the heck! 8-)>

July 10, 2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

It was just a contest. I don't even recall whether there was a prize besides being awarded first place, though I suppose there must have been. I thought about doing one too, but I wasn't feeling very inspired, so it was in danger of being me, sitting in front of my laptop at home, reading a speech. *Audience falls asleep.* I feel like the "Can we name it Awesome.com" one came a little close to that, so I don't know why they gave it the primary position; I guess because it actually relates to reality, as opposed to just being playful.

July 10, 2008 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home