.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Cap has a Purpose

In the interest of blogging more often, I am dashing this off before I eat supper.

I have seen three perdiddles in the past three days. Is spring perdiddle season?

I also saw a fellow wearing a cloak on the sidewalk while I was walking to the bus stop. He didn't look like he was trying to costume himself, either. It would be funny if fashion gradually shifted to the point where people thought it was normal to wear full midieval garb. :-)

The mountains are looking especially beautiful these days. I have observed an interesting thing. The Olympics are closer to work than home, but they look bigger from the park & ride near my apartment than they do from the skyscraper I work in. The heigh of my observation point must make up for being closer.

And finally, the subject of this post, which I have been racking my brains for the whole time. My cap has a Michigan block M on it. I bought it at Meijer's at the start of my senior year; I believe it is my first piece of Michigan apparel. Now, I have been thinking more and more about retiring it for a hat that expresses me better... perhaps something geeky, or something about God, or something about fantasy. That's not so much because I mind wearing a Michigan M; I do not. However, I do get tired of the reactions it brings (brought) during football season. "You watching the game?" "What did you think of the game last night?" "So, did Michigan win?" All of which brings from me some variant of "uhhhhh" followed by, "I went to school there, I really don't follow sports." However, today, it brought something more interesting: "Michigan, eh?" It was more interesting because it turned out that the middle-aged man calling it out had also gone to Michigan, and had been living in Ann Arbor working for various tech companies for a good while until he moved out to Seattle to work for Amazon just two years ago. He's working on Amazon's "Plog" feature now; it looks like it could be neat. Turns out they had pointed me to a DST update for my Palm if I'd only bothered to look. lol But cooler is that based on books you buy, they'll offer you blogs from authors you read; it's a pity so many of the greats aren't around anymore, or I'd look forward to getting hooked in to, say, CS Lewis's plog, but a modern author's might still be pretty cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Krieg said...

So is this feature public?

April 11, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger Soaring Gryphon said...

Yes. I'm giving them free advertising. My understanding is that anyone can have a plog feed on Amazon of posts written by people Amazon selects, but I don't know if you can publish one. Well, perhaps you could arrange to as translator of a certain book, but not generally. This is just my surmise though.

April 12, 2007 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home