.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

I am a Christian. I develop software for Amazon.com. I also sometimes do theater in various capacities, write now and then, and I enjoy some undefinable essence that can often be found in fantasy.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Entertainment

So, it's been a month or two, and I've barely posted. What have I been up to? Many things, I'm afraid, but for this post, I will tell you about only one of them:


**********************************************************

HAVOC - CHAOS - HAVOC - CHAOS - HAVOC - CHAOS


This weekend, the RUDE MECHANICALS present:


THE IDIOTS KARAMAZOV


by


CHRISTOPHER DURANG and ALBERT INNAURATO

(No, it's not by Dostoyevsky, but the characters don't know that!)

Produced by Lauren Michniacki, with Al Duncan

Directed by Kate Hutchens


LYDIA MENDELSSOHN THEATRE

Friday, March 31 at 8pm

Saturday, April 1 at 8pm

Sunday, April 2 at 2pm

Tickets: $3 students, $5 everybody else; available at the door and MUTO


songs - chaos - poetry - guns - dead birds - resurrections - epilepsy - transfiguration - wheelchairs - flailing artists - altar boys - drug addictions - love - family - patricide - good ole' wholesome irreverence

FEATURING: Sarah Tristano, Greg Kovas, Julia Garlotte, Matt Lisiecki, Alison Velasco, Dina Vovsi, Virginia Corrigan, Maggie Shapiro, Arielle Ornstein, Ian Krieg, Drew Martin, Nishant Kumar, Russell Matthews, Lauren Michniacki, and Christine Ovaitt

Written early in Durang's and Innaurato's careers, this team effort from the two Yale graduate playwrights is a sort of retaliation against the heaping spoonfuls of literature anddrama they were made to read - more or less willingly - in their college years. Constance Garnett, the translatrix that brought the Russian classics to the Anglophone world, narrates her slightly revamped version of what she intends to be The Brothers Karamazov, but she gets a few things wrong... Enter the rest of the Western Lit. canon: Chekov, Turgenev, Hemingway, Barnes, Nin, Dickens, and plenty more. Flirting with the absurd and including some incisively comic musical numbers, this play examines some questions about real life while twisting it with the world of fiction.

**********************************************************


It is a full-length play that I have been rehearsing for since the beginning of February. I admit that if I were to write a play, it would never have been this one. However, it can get quite funny, and if you enjoy the random and irrational, you may enjoy this play just for that alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Glad you're not dead! :) Random is always good.

March 31, 2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Nate Custer said...

Wow ... now I am sad I don't live in MI. This sounds positively brilliant. I think I want to just read the play for fun.

Yeah I am that sick.

Have a great one dude. God bless,

Nate

March 31, 2006 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home